Pomeranians are generally healthy dogs, however, as with every dog, they require the right care.
- Be sure to feed your Pomeranian well balanced, high quality food. Whether store bought or home prepared, be sure to check with your veterinarian that the food is appropriate for your dog.
- Although this small breed enjoys time cuddling in laps, be sure to exercise your dog. Pomeranians enjoy to walk, run, and play outside. Just be sure to keep a close eye on them, as they resemble prey and can easily be injured or escape fences.
- As mentioned before, Pomeranians are a small breed and easily injured. Make sure to provide a safe environment for your dog.
- Due to their double coat, Pomeranians require frequent grooming. It is important to brush your Pomeranian down to the skin to avoid matting. If able, regular grooming appointments, every 4-6 weeks, are beneficial.
- As with all pets, regular veterinarian appointments are required to ensure your dog is maintaining a healthy weight, has good dental health, and stays as healthy as possible. Be sure to inquire with your veterinarian regarding flea, tick, and heartworm medications as not all are safe for this breed.